We offer a full range of surgical procedures including spay/neuter, abdominal surgeries, bump/mass removals, and oral surgery. Our state-of-the-art surgical suite is equipped with the most advanced technology for optimal surgical conditions. Immediately accessible is our veterinary intensive care unit, which is ideal for post-op patients that require critical care or constant supervision.
Prior to surgery, patients undergo a pre-anesthetic exam and blood tests to ensure they are good candidates for anesthesia. Before, during, and after surgery, your pet is continuously monitored by our veterinarians and certified veterinary technicians to ensure he or she is responding appropriately to the anesthesia, other medications, and the surgery itself. Our monitoring equipment includes an ECG for heart rate and rhythm, oxygen saturation, temperature, and blood pressure.
What Surgeries Are Offered at Kennesaw Mountain Veterinary Services?
- Chronic ear disease management
- Congenital conditions
- Hernia repair
- Remove tumors from the ears, throat, stomach, intestines, colon, urinary and reproductive organs, liver, gall bladder and bile ducts
- Soft tissue
Pain relief before, during, and after any surgical procedure has a profound impact on how well our patients recover. It also significantly affects their attitude and activity once they return home. When it is time for your pet to go home, we will address any questions or concerns you may have about surgery, including the effects of anesthesia, pain management, and post-operative care.
What Makes Surgery at Kennesaw Mountain Veterinary Services Unique?
We understand that anesthesia and surgery can be a very scary thing for pet owners. That is why we have developed a surgical program that makes safety and successful outcomes our first priority.
Our surgeries include:
- A customized surgical plan that addresses your pet’s specific needs, from your pre-surgical consultation to discharge and aftercare education.
- Pre-anesthetic blood work to evaluate kidney and liver function, electrolyte levels, red/white blood cell count, and platelet count to ensure the patient can safely undergo anesthesia.
- Pre-surgical medication, including anti-anxiety and sedatives, to ensure your pet is completely relaxed and sleepy long before anesthesia is introduced.
- The use of the safest injectable and gas anesthetics available so patients remain comfortably asleep. Patients are intubated to ensure effective anesthesia and oxygen administration.
- Fluids to help maintain blood pressure levels and facilitate the elimination of the anesthesia when the surgery is complete.
- An injectable antibiotic to ward off post-op infections when indicated.
- State-of-the-art equipment to monitor your pet’s heart, lungs, oxygen saturation levels, temperature, and blood pressure.
- A certified veterinary technician to monitor your pet throughout his or her surgical process, from anesthetic induction, throughout the surgical procedure itself, and during post-op recovery.
- The continual presence of an experienced veterinarian to perform the surgery and address any medical complications that may arise.
- Recovery from surgery in our comfortable and fully-equipped ICU with continuous monitoring.
- Pain management before, during, and after your pet’s surgery, which often includes medications to take home to ensure your pet’s speedy and pain-free recovery.
At Kennesaw Mountain Veterinary Services, you will always receive a customized estimate that details the costs of any surgical procedures. While our services are always priced competitively, these estimates allow our clients to see that not all surgical programs are equal in quality or safety. We feel that a lower price tag is not worth the risks associated with forgoing items such as pre-surgical blood work, pain medications, proper anesthesia monitoring, and other safety measures.
Surgery can sometimes be an unexpected occurrence. We want what is best for your furry friend, which is why we are always willing to work with our clients who may have financial concerns via CareCredit or Scratch Pay.
Veterinary Surgery in Kennesaw, GA
If you are considering veterinary surgery for your pet, please contact us at (770) 447-3927 to schedule a consultation with your Kennesaw Mountain Veterinary Services veterinarian.
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.